Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Reflection: Faith


Today was our second day in South Dakota. Our group has been working on siding and shingling the roof of Jon and Tomera’s house. I think we’ve accomplished a lot today; we finished shingling the roof and replaced some of the rotting walls of the outside of their house. But I think the best part about working today was getting to know the people living in the house a little bit better and getting to play with their kids. Even though their children don’t have much, they are so happy and full of life, and I definitely saw God in them. Later in the day there was an amazing thunderstorm. I loved the sound of the thunder and the feeling of the wind and rain. I really saw God today in the thunderclouds and in the amazing sunset. I am so glad that I have this opportunity to give back to the Native American community and to spend time in such a beautiful place.
Faith - WPC