Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Reflection: Amanda


This morning I woke up feeling refreshed because for the first time the whole trip, I had gotten a whole night’s sleep in a real bed. Before, I had to make by in an air mattress that I was fairly certain had a hole in it. But today I was feeling well-rested and ready for a day of work! After breakfast, my group, who was working on putting tarp paper on a roof, set off and got down to business. Little did I know, however, that the black tarp paper and the beating sun would lead to a very, very hot afternoon. But of course, with the magic of the WUF Pack, even in the beating heat I found myself laughing and singing. We worked so hard and even managed to finish covering the roof! My good night of sleep was put to good use today and I cant wait for another day tomorrow.
-Amanda, FPC