Friday, July 21, 2017

Youth Reflection - Nadia

As a graduating senior, I wanted to make this trip my best one yet. I wanted to forget the fact that this was my last mission trip as a youth and simply enjoy myself. On the first day, all of the youth were just a little shy, but working together really gave us the chance to get to know each other better and begin to build connections. John constantly cracked jokes. Marianna had an amazing work ethic. Sara had a constant stream of riddles and jokes. Amanda had abounding energy (enough to even start singing camp songs at seven in the morning). Amy was up for just about anything and was always the first to volunteer. Anthony was always up for a good ol’ politics debate and was a constant stream of endless facts. Chris was always up for an impossible riddle and a fun game of Crud. Madeleine did an amazing job of making sure that everyone felt included and was in charge of making up our group’s chant (Go Hydration League!). This group of people made the work so much fun this week and I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to make these new friends.

-Nadia, FPC